Sunday, June 1, 2008

THE WAIT

This week I have done what I hate for other bloggers to do---I’ve been off-site for almost a week. You know, once you start reading a blog, you want to hear from them every day. There was a TV show long ago with a radio DJ character who was the narrator of the story, but more importantly, his voice was the one constant in the small town. You could always depend on his voice in the morning and throughout the day. He was clever. He shared his view of life’s lessons with the town. He shared conclusions to lessons the town’s people had learned. This is the influence of today’s bloggers whether we realize it or not. I suppose even two sentences are better than nothing at all. But I’m not making any promises.

Scout is back from Florida. His suntan is proof he spent plenty of time ‘chillin’ at the beach. It seemed like a quick trip. The week flew by and with all my free time I didn’t watch one new movie (!), nor could I overcome my severe writers block. Issues: I’ve viewed my allotment of Netflix this month, the RedBox was bare of films I wanted to watch, and I refuse to go to Blockbuster (because they have taken more than their fair share of my money). So…I watched too many DVDs for TV. It wasn’t too bad though because by some lucky coincidence it was ‘chick flick’ week. I saw 3 of my favorites. This reminds me I need to add a list of my favorite CFs to the Duchess blog.

Two summer blockbusters were released within the past week. I live in a big city where mammoth films like these sell out for days. I always wait for the calm after the storm. Plus, I have to confess, Duchess is very picky about the films she’s willing to pay $10 to view. For me, one of these blockbusters is definitely a rental. (Now you know how old I am if I’m complaining about the price of something that involves my favorite hobby.)

Memory of the week: Our next door neighbor’s dog, Lola, was hit by a car yesterday and passed away. She was a cute, tan, yappy, tea cup Chihuahua. We’ll miss her.

Tomorrow: Chick Flicks

1 comment:

Doc said...

I'm waiting for your top ten Chick Flicks list. Soulmate only watches CFs, and I've become a closet fan. OK, not closet at all. I'm a big fan.