Tuesday, June 3, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS

They say we are constantly learning while we’re on earth. I agree. It seems no matter how old I get, I’m still learning. It seems the older I get, the more I WANT to learn. Interestingly, I caught a short segment on a news show the other day, and here is what I learned:

There is such thing as a Society for Barefoot Living. Yes. A society that doesn’t believe in wearing shoes—anywhere---even to work! I’ve never run into any of these guys, probably because their feet would burn off with the heat we have here in Texas, but they exist. Two additional ‘myth buster’ points: According to their Society, there is no such law or ordinance as “No Shoes, No Service” that comes from the Health Department. Moreover, they confirm there is no law against driving barefoot. I fear telling Kooza about this Society. He is my barefoot baby. I suppose he secretly already belongs….

News of the Day: Our next door neighbors brought home a new puppy. Another tea cup Chihuahua. Her name is “Sissy.” She’s tiny (!), blonde and SO adorable. I hope they’ll let me puppysit!---until I get a new puppy of my own. Hee. We also have 2 other new puppies on the block: Lucy, a Lab mix the boys are teaching to swim in case she falls into the pool, and Annie, a Bichon Frise covered in crazy curls.

No comments: