Thursday, June 26, 2008

THE LUCKY DAY

Yesterday was one of my lucky days. I was invited by Scout to come out and watch him play in a golf tournament. Duchess doesn’t usually get to go. Pops steals that time away. Even though the morning started at 5:30am (which is no fun), we ended up having a great day at the golf course. It was Texas hot but there was a great breeze. Scout played a great game ending up with a Second Place finish and a score of 78—4 strokes behind the winner. He had a great round!

Not all the golf courses around here are as treeless as shown above. (This photo is actually taken at the driving range.) This particular course is called “The Highlands.” It reminds me of a British links course. Hence, the name perhaps?

I don’t get the opportunity to be at the golf course often, but when I do get to indulge, I’m reminded how breathtaking the mornings are out in the fresh cut grass with the dew still hanging on the blades before the sun steals it all away. Being out in nature (although manicured by man) reminds me of all the awesome sights God has given us to marvel.

1 comment:

Doc said...

With such a good finish for Scout, it sounds like you should be caddying for him! Maybe Pops has some competition for the job.

Just don't get lured into actually playing golf. I did, and spent years being frustrated by the beautiful scenery instead of enjoying it.