Wednesday, December 3, 2008

FREEDOM


“I have my real license now.” That’s the comment from Scout (to Kooza) who says a ‘real’ license is one with a picture on it. It was 2 hours of torture at DPS for the little guy. He was really nervous. I have to say the crazy environment at the DPS wasn’t helping the situation. We arrived just before lunch break which was a big mistake. Just because there are 75-100 people in line, don’t think lunch break will be missed. So… for a full hour the desk of 4-6 government workers dwindled down to 2. Are you kidding me??

Forward to today: The good news is Kooza agreed (or was swindled) to let Scout drive him to school. Plus, in so agreeing, he would be required to be in the car 10 minutes earlier than Mom requires on her days to drive. Kooza complied. I was speechless as they drove out of the driveway. I, of course, went through the whole: “how could this be happening, it was just yesterday that he was toddling around, I’m so old…” and on and on. Meanwhile Pops is proud and loving it while quickly thinking he doesn’t have to drive carpool anymore—which brings a huge smile to his face.

Highlight of the day: They let me take my 'Mom' photo to document the whole event. :)

So my ‘angel’ arrives home from school today and immediately turns around to drive to the grocery store with my list in hand. I didn't ask him to. He volunteered. I said I would go with him. He replied, “Why?” Okay then…hmmm…. Now I’m loving it. :) I say, “Call me if you have any questions.” Can this last forever?!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Phew! The Washington Cragle's got out of town just in time, eh? LOL (Kidding) Congrats from all of us, but especially from his "older cousin" who says "cool, now two of us can drive" Sigh, there's both joy and stress at the same time, which I term "Stroy" or "J-ress", depending on the situation.

Doc said...

Congrats to Scout - excellent work! You look terribly competent in the photo - I'd ride with you!
Auntie B :)