Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHRISTMAS 2008

How could it already be Christmas break? The year goes by faster and faster …not good. With our big move behind us, Duchess and Pops told the boys it would absolutely be a ‘low key’ Christmas. We’ve had enough spending and excitement for the year. From my perspective, it was better than ever. I didn’t get caught up in the manufactured Christmas stress and frenzy—and it was a wonderful break! I’m not sure the boys would agree being that they had fewer gifts under the tree. Fewer gifts with more thought behind them, a little something from Santa, some family time and a great meal. Lots of good old fashioned love in the air instead of ‘what did I get.’ We even celebrated Christmas Eve with family which we hadn’t done in a long time.

Good thing = the ‘being blessed’ reminder---To my lovely surprise, even with our new address, we received Christmas cards. That to me was a gift in the best sense, especially being that I haven’t sent out Christmas cards since my brother passed away 4 years ago. I’m overwhelmed with JOY that my family and friends have still included me on their mailing list. Thank you!

I hope everyone is having a peace-full and blessed holiday. Take time to let everyone know how much you love them. There can never be an abundance of that message.

Reel Reviews of Benjamin Buttons and Valkyrie coming soon…

No comments: