Friday, May 8, 2009

CALIFORNIA BOUND

I’ll be traveling to the Long Beach, CA area this summer. I’m going with a friend (or should I say invited myself/tagging along) to celebrate her sister’s birthday. I love California any time of year because the weather is typically awesome, especially in comparison to the 90 degrees we’re getting here in Texas this week---and it’s not even summer! Ughhh.

Anyway, I would love to hear any ideas you might have of things to do and places to see while we’re out there. I’m particularly interested in farmers markets, one of a kind events (I heard about the balloon and wine festival in Temecula), flea markets, great beach shops….you know, ‘local flavor’ type shops and ideas. Any junk gypsies out there?

I’ll be without hubby and boys, so anything is possible. I won’t have to listen to the ‘this is boring’ comments from the teenagers….you know what I mean?!

Last time I went away with a friend I lost my passport and was stranded in Mexico. Pray for me that doesn’t happen this time!!

*duchess*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a long beach antique market:http://www.longbeachantiquemarket.com/?gclid=CNSaio7OwZoCFQ9JagodPwI6sg- try that link. There is a really neat aquarium in long beach, and I also think the college might have a flea market as well. I woudl google Long Beach flea market and see what comes up!
have fun, long beach is great!!