Monday, February 2, 2009

DISNEY IN JANUARY

Our Disney trip was great fun!

I’ve planned DisneyWorld trips many times thinking, “Okay, I’ve got it down now. I know the best way to do this.” Well…I’m not even close. No trip is ever the same. The good news is each trip is more relaxing than the last because we’ve experienced most everything. We don’t over schedule during the short time we’re there. We pick our favorites and add a few we’ve never done (usually the ‘slow’ rides/shows). Here are the highlights:

1. We rode the newest Disney Pixar 3-D ride--once. The ‘fast passes’ were gone by 12 noon. The sign said there was a 60 minute wait, so we jumped in (typically my boys won’t wait for anything over 40 minutes). Not surprising, Disney developed a great ride! The new Pixar area at Disney Hollywood is small but wonderful. The boys thought it was great, but Expedition Everest is still their overall favorite ride.

Entrance at newest Pixar ride:

The absolute favorite ride for the boys:

2. We stayed on the “Concierge” level at the Wilderness Lodge. It was fantastic! The staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely worth the extra money especially if you’re not spending all day at the parks. This is something new I learned this trip. You might even want to pay the extra money to be on the ‘lake’ side of the Lodge to catch the Magic Kingdom fireworks show from your balcony. Bonus: We got in early one night and borrowed “Finding Neverland” (one of my all time favorites) from the desk—complimentary for concierge guests.

Pool view from the Concierge level: 3. If you’re staying at the Lodge, be sure to take a taxi to the Character Breakfasts at the Monorail resorts. $5 will get you to the front door in 5 minutes. Another something new I learned this trip. Yes, my big guys visit Character breakfasts with me. At their age, they think it's a bit silly, but they know I love it.

4. The new Kim Possible adventure at Epcot was great entertainment for my 12 year old. Apparently, this is part of the Verizon partnership with Disney. There’s no doubt creative minds think of this stuff! Epcot still needs work, but this shows Disney is at least trying to upgrade the entertainment there for the little ones. Now if they could just replace some of those old, totally dated ‘in the round’ films.

How do I apply to be on a Disney focus group??

No comments: