Monday, May 19, 2008

THE CREDITS

“Duchess of Reel”
Embarking on a New Journey

I surveyed fellow bloggers by asking all sorts of questions to set the groundwork for my blogging adventure. Each gave me pros and cons on being the author of something many would browse. After much thought, I ultimately determined I wanted my own space to keep a journal of daily life and thoughts. In addition to daily life, my ‘hook’ would be to include the occasional review covering my hobby of movie/film watching. Hence, the ‘reel’ portion of the blog title. The ‘Duchess’ title is just for fun (there’s already a Princess in my neighborhood). I know folks who watch a whole lot more movies than I do, but I do watch my fair share (my husband thinks I watch too many). It’s the constant hunt of finding the movie that will take you away for a few hours-—like a great novel. Hopefully along the way I’ll hear about other films I should see from fellow film enthusiasts.

A fair amount of research and preparation has gone into starting my own blog. I couldn’t seem to get past the initial fear of making this thing go live but I’m working through it…

Thank you to my friend Karen for giving me the encouragement to jump in and write (she encouraged even random thoughts). Thank you to my brothers in law for giving the go ahead, why not. :)

1 comment:

Doc said...

OK, I can't resist being the first comment on the first page of the first blog. And my comment is:
'Bout time, girl! You've been lurking and commenting like John Cusack did for indie music in "High Fidelity".

Now it's time to follow John and put something out there that's yours, and create instead of critiquing.

Actually, you get the best of both worlds since you still get to review OPMs (other peoples' movies). Pretty soon you'll be putting your own out there on YouTube or maybe Cannes...